Scaling Up Nutrition: Calling All Champions
In anticipation of the upcoming G8 summit at Camp David, a coalition of international NGO and civil society organizations is leading a high-level briefing on nutrition on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC on Thursday, May 17th in an effort to mobilize greater global action on nutrition.
This event, titled Scaling Up Nutrition: Calling All Champions, will:
- Showcase U.S. and global efforts to scale up nutrition;
- Highlight developing country-led progress, and;
- Call for strong commitments to improve nutrition, particularly for women and children in the critical 1,000 day window from pregnancy to a child’s 2nd birthday.
- Senator Dick Durbin, U.S. Senate, Assistant Majority Leader and Senate Hunger Caucus Co-Chair
- Gayle Smith, Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director at the U.S. National Security Council
- The Honorable Rajiv Shah, Administrator, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Lead Group Member
- The Honorable Ertharin Cousin, Executive Director, World Food Programme and SUN Lead Group Member
- The Honorable Beverley J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, Government of Canada and SUN Lead Group Member
- H.E. Ambassador Michael Collins, Irish Ambassador to the United States
- Tamar Manuelyan Atinc, Vice President, Human Development Network, World Bank and SUN Lead Group Member
- Patrick Fine, Vice President, Department of Compact Operations, Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Bibi Giyose, Food and Nutrition Advisor, New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD)
- Ambassador Tony P. Hall, Executive Director, Alliance to End Hunger
- Congressman Jim McGovern, U.S. House of Representatives, Hunger Caucus Co-Chair
For more information, please contact Jennifer Rigg at Jennifer@ThousandDays.org.
Honorary Host Committee